Accounts Receivable Specialist
The combination of quality products, skilled professionals, and exceptional service make Dreamstyle Remodeling the best home contractor in the Southwest U.S.
Since our founding in 1989 we’ve helped more than 60,000 homeowners add value to their property and enrich their lives by making their homes more beautiful, more comfortable, and more energy efficient. Our customers trust us with their most valuable asset – their home – because they know they can count on Dreamstyle Remodeling to deliver a wonderful home improvement experience from start to finish. And they know we’ll be there to back up our work.
Dreamstyle Remodeling is a recognized leader in the home improvement industry. We are currently looking to add another Accounts Receivable Specialist for our growing accounting department. The ideal candidate for this new position with have 2+ years of experience in a professional setting and strong organizational and communication skills.
- The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for performing accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts receivable transactions.
- Initiate outbound collection calls & emails; mail out documentation (including credit memos, vouchers, invoices, statements, and collection letters). Foster relationships with customers to facilitate future communication.
- Advise customers of overdue amounts and arrange payment plans.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers by telephone, email and mail to investigate complaints, verify accuracy of charges, and/or to correct errors in accounts.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies and make adjustments to accounts as needed through use of problem-solving and follow up skills.
- Arrange additional collections efforts with outside collections agencies as appropriate.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policies and accepted accounting practices.
- Review customer credit applications and follow up with listed trade references to verify customer eligibility.
- Support month end closing processes.
- Scan Accounts Receivable documents to archive.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail for Accounting.
- Assist with Accounts Payable, billing and apply customer payments to invoices as needed.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
- Other functions may be assigned.
- Associates degree or Bachelor s degree in Accounting or other related areas; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience strongly desired.
- 2 or more years A/R experience preferred.
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills a must.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills are required.
- Proactively takes action and addresses issues or opportunities with little to no supervision.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks to meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Windows/Microsoft Office product knowledge required; strong Excel knowledge preferred.
- Data Entry experience strongly preferred.
- Must pass background check and provide professional work references
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: ARNM