Dreamstyle Remodeling is a recognized leader in the home improvement industry and the largest full-service home remodeling company in the nation. We are currently looking to add a Controller to our growing accounting department. The ideal candidate for this new position should have 5+ years of progressive accounting experience in a high-volume professional setting and have strong attention to detail, act with urgency toward all deadlines, have a bias for action, and work with the ability to think critically and resolve issues. The position will report in Albuquerque, NM.
- Overseeing all General Ledger functions; assure accuracy, timeliness, and conformity with GAAP, unless otherwise directed by company policy.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
- Create and maintain system of accounting and internal controls.
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed.
- Identify variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Coordinating activities of external auditors.
- Oversee the accounting operations of branch level, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Guide responsive audits to all Insurance partners, including General Liability and Worker’s Compensation.
- Provide primary oversight of commission and bonus processing.
- Create and maintain a system of revenue recognition monitoring communication between field and contracts admin, reconciling to other operational reporting.
- Primary treasury maintenance providing bank transfers, ensuring diversity of banking balances and daily transfers, inclusive of 401k wires monthly.
- Work directly with employees in the accounting and financial departments.
- Minimum 5-7 years accounting experience
- Able to work independently in a team environment, detail oriented, able to multi-task and keep up with deadlines
- Reliable, accurate and organized
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Acumatica and Sage 50 preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred
- CPA preferred
- Must be fluent in English with strong communication skills
- Must pass background check
Competitive Compensation and benefits package. Opportunity for advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay: $80,000 to $90,000/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: CONM