Dreamstyle Remodeling, the nation's number one home remodeling company is excited to be experiencing significant growth which has created the need for a Purchasing Manager at our corporate offices. This is an ideal opportunity for someone that enjoys working in a dynamic, growth oriented environment.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for building and sustaining vendor relationships, to include negotiating contracts, following up on supply and quality/warranty concerns, and following up on new vendor/product opportunities. This position is also responsible for establishing, communicating, and maintaining internal pricing.
- Review of all products/supplies used company-wide and development of strategies to facilitate company-wide purchasing and overall cost reduction.
- Annual review of all vendor contracts; meetings scheduled as necessary for renegotiations.
- Monthly (more regular, if necessary) communication with Sales and Operations teams to discuss vendor concerns.
- Monthly calls/meetings with vendors to discuss any relationship concerns (i.e. quality, any specific customers, lead times/manufacturing delays).
- Negotiation of and follow-up on vendor service/warranty reimbursement programs.
- Seeking out new vendor opportunities and product innovations.
- Completion of annual pricing analysis, updating of internal pricing to accomplish desired margins, and communication of pricing updates to all affected teams.
- Negotiation of facilities security and maintenance programs (fire extinguisher insp., etc.).
- Negotiation of company vehicle purchases and company-wide vehicle maintenance programs.
- Collaboration with other departments (ex: Sales, Operations, Accounting, HR) as necessary.
Minimum five years’ experience as a purchasing agent. Construction or home building background highly preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Experience with construction purchasing highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service and leadership.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to problem solve and multitask.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associate degree or higher preferred.
Dreamstyle Remodeling – America’s #1 Remodeler (Ranked by sales - Remodeling Magazine 2018, 2019 & 2020)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: PMNM