Dreamstyle Remodeling, the nation's number one home remodeling company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced knowledgeable Safety Manager. We seek motivated individuals for our roles that have an interest in both contributing to growing the company as well as their personal careers.
The Safety Manager is responsible for establishing, planning, coordinating, oversight and ensuring adherence corporate safety programs to maintain a safe and healthy workplace in accordance with all safety and health laws. This position will also oversee maintenance of corporate fleet vehicles and facilities.
- Ensuring company compliance with all applicable laws governing organizational safety and health.
- Annual review and updating of Dreamstyle’s Safety and Health Program as well as other safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all employees participate in required safety and health training per company Safety and Health Program.
- Conducting investigations of accidents and injuries and cooperating in the preparation of material for hearings and/or insurance investigations as necessary.
- Verifying that injury logs and reports are completed, and working with Human Resources to ensure they are submitted to related government agencies as required.
- Oversight of Safety Committee, including Safety Champions in all company locations.
- Oversight and documentation of employee participation in regularly scheduled safety meetings.
- Conducting and coordinating safety audits and jobsite inspections.
- Promoting safe practices at all jobsites and enforcing safety guidelines as necessary.
- Verifying that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for employee use.
- Ensuring all employees are trained for emergency response, and conducting emergency response drills as necessary.
- Responding to all employees’ safety concerns.
Facilities Maintenance and Fleet Management to include:
- Negotiation of facilities security and maintenance programs (fire extinguisher insp., etc.).
- Coordination of office moves, including furniture purchases and assembly as required.
- Coordination of facilities maintenance, renovations, repairs, and landscaping.
- Negotiation of vehicle purchases and vehicle maintenance programs.
- Maintenance of vehicle lists for each branch (drivers, mileage, registration expiration).
- Collaborate with department managers/supervisors and with business partners as necessary.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Construction Safety; CSHO (Certified Safety and Health Official) preferred.
- Staff management and development experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to problem solve and multitask.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associate degree or higher preferred.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on telephone, video conference and in person.
- Ability to travel to out of state locations.
Dreamstyle Remodeling – America’s #1 Remodeler (Ranked by sales - Remodeling Magazine 2018, 2019 & 2020)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: SMABQ